“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” – Bernard Shaw
From birth, ‘learning’ is as vital as eating or sleeping. We learn with each breath. Our families, schools, social circles, and jobs present us with different methods of learning. And although our universe is rapidly changing every day, teaching methods remain the same.
At Learning Designs, we say ”Learning is Fun!” We advocate that everyone, children and adults, have the right to play and learn, and do so in ways that are fun and enjoyable. Our tailor-made games and innovative learning programs embody our values below.
WHAT SETS US APART
Social enterprises adopt entrepreneurship as the solution to social problems and adopt free market based methods with the aim to create radical systematic change.
Learning Designs’ goal is to show that learning and training can be more effective and enjoyable through games and to support all actors in designing qualified education. The principles that shaped us as social enterprise are the 7 principles that Nobel Prize Winner Professor Muhammad Yunus identified;
- The objective is to overcome one or more problems (poverty, education, health, technology access, environment etc.) which threaten people and society; not profit maximization.
- Financial and economic sustainability.
- Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money.
- When investment amount is paid back, residual profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement.
- Environmentally conscious.
- Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions.
- Do it all with joy.